Thursday, October 20, 2011

Chicago Board of Education Meeting October 26, 2011

Dear C.A.U.S.E. Supporters,

On October 26, 2011 C.A.U.S.E. is looking for teachers, parents or community members to speak at the Board of Education Meeting.

We are supporting teachers who have been e'3rd , given unsatisfactory ratings, brought up on unsubstantiated charges and terminated or  fired due to economic layoffs. Minority teachers have been e'3rd, charged and terminated, and fired in all categories at a rate 10X that of white teachers. Older white teachers are experiencing a higher rate or  termination than younger ones. African American Teachers have dropped from over 51% in the late 90's to 27% today.

HELP FIGHT AGE AND RACE DISCRIMINATION AT CHICAGO PUBLIC SCHOOLS
Come out on Wednesday October 26, to support out teachers YOU MAY BE NEXT!
 Sign up to speak  between 7:00- 9:00 a.m,  BOE Meeting starts at 10:30 - Debrief  with C.A.U.S.E. 9:00-10:00 am..

1 comment:

  1. I was at the Board Meeting on Wednesday,October 26th. My brother Hector Nunez spoke on my behalf. I am one of the E3 teachers terminated yet my ex-principal gave me a glowing recommendation letter. I presented this at the Board meeting this month and last month. Cherl Colston took my information to get in touch with me and I'm still waiting. It is obvious that we have people working at the board that are not competent to do their job. When will I hear??????

    ReplyDelete